Flagship Partners – Terms and Conditions including Cancellation Policy
General Terms of Business
- Once a booking by a customer has been accepted either verbally, in person, over the telephone or in writing, cancellation of the agreed joining instructions by a customer 10 working days or more prior to the commencement of the course date will incur an administration charge of 25% excluding VAT. Cancellation within 10 working days by a customer prior to the course date will result in the whole course fee being CHARGED unless superseded by a variation to conditions of business specified for a particular training course i.e. Driver Periodic CPC. Substitution of course delegates will be accepted upon reasonable notice being given and the original joining instructions and fee will be deemed to be acceptable. All cancellations must be via email, verbal cancellations are not acceptable and proof is required in the event of non-delivery. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that an Order Number with instructions is issued by email, it is required by the customer to be included in any future invoices or correspondence for services provided by Flagship Partners. Where a verbal order has been accepted by Flagship Partners it will be deemed that the standard Terms & Conditions apply for the service being provided without variation at a later date, unless agreed in writing by Flagship Partners as a variation to contract.
- Payment of all course fees must be made prior to the commencement of the course unless other arrangements have been mutually agreed with Flagship Partners. Where a customer has paid a deposit, the full balance is due payable 10 working days prior to the course commencing. Unless other arrangements have been made, failure to pay the balance could result in the course being cancelled and the full charges being incurred.
- Any variation to the joining instructions, course dates, time of attendance etc, made by Flagship Partners will be notified to the customer. Flagship Partners will make every effort to ensure the original instructions are complied with. In the event of course / delegate cancellation made by Flagship Partners every endeavour will be made for the delegate to attend the next available course. All incidents and actions including any money refunds are dealt with promptly and fairly in compliance with the Company’s quality processes.
- Any delegates attending Flagship Partners premises or training locations including vehicles are required to adhere to any notices or instructions given to them by Flagship Partners staff. Flagship Partners does not accept any responsibility for personal belongings or vehicle left on the premises.
- Unless specified arrangements are made for course refreshments by Flagship Partners, refreshments during the course will be delegate’s responsibility.
- Where external examinations are involved and the delegate for enrolment has supplied details, Flagship Partners cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy if a dispute should arise with the examinations body.
- It is important that adequate provision is made to ensure that drivers attending courses are able to comply with the rest requirements laid down in the Driver Hours Regulations.
- Special needs, the Company will endeavour to provide training wherever and whenever practical to do so having first accessed the applicants capability to receive instruction which does not compromise the Health & Safety of its workforce, the general public and the individual themselves. For a person who falls into the category of requiring special needs, the Company’s normal standard tariff quoted in its Course Guide does not apply and each request will be priced on an individual basis and subject to whatever is recommended at time against the need. The Company retains the right to refuse to train any person who in its professional belief will not be able to reach the required standards of that prescribed by either the HSE or the DSA having firstly assessed the person.
- Should the course be held at the customers own site the room provided must be fit for purpose. If the instructor feels that the premises are not adequate then he may cancel the course at full charge.
The above terms and conditions are binding on acceptance of the joining instructions and supersede any terms and conditions that the customer may wish to impose, no variation may be made without the specific signed agreement with the management of Flagship Partners.
If a refund is payable to a customer for any reason it will be completed within fourteen days of becoming due.
This is calculated after any cancellation costs have been deducted.
Driver Periodic CPC Training
- Flagship Partners is an accredited centre AC02159, whose courses are approved by JAUPT (Joint Approvals Unit Periodic Training) in order to deliver Driver Periodic CPC training that meet the legal requirements.
- A training day is a minimum of 7 hours, it is a requirement of the training that the course start is punctual, that the course complies with the syllabus approved by JAUPT, that the trainee is in attendance for a minimum of 7 hours in accordance with the course timetable. Failure on the part of the trainee to fulfil this requirement may mean they are refused entry to the course and will be deemed to have cancelled the course forfeiting the course fees.
- Unless an account facility has been pre-arranged and fully cleared, all training must be paid for prior to the course starting. Any extra training booked during a course must be paid for before the test date).
- No allowance can be made for non-attendance of a trainee booked on a course unless 10 days’ notice of cancellation is received. Any deposits paid are non-refundable. However, in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of management, all or part of any monies paid (excluding Test Fees) may be transferable to an alternative training date. Customers are advised that when returning a cancellation notice that they email with the detail and proof is required in the event of non-delivery. Failure to be able prove email delivery within the prescribed timescale above, may result in a charge for all or part of the course being made dependent upon all or part of the cancelled course being sold.
- If our instructor attends your premises to conduct a booked course but is unable to do so due to lack of facilities or any other failure, which is the customer’s responsibility, fees will be payable in full.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the person attending a Driver CPC course produces both parts of their valid driving licence, paper and photo identification on the day of their course. In the event that the information provided proves to be incorrect, the correct information must be provided to Flagship Partners within three working days of the course having taken place to allow the information to be uploaded to the central database. Failure to provide the correct Driver Licence details will mean the course attended will not be allowed and will have to be sat again in order to gain accreditation and will incur additional fees.
- Every effort will be made to ensure a course goes ahead according to plan, however it maybe that a course has to be cancelled at very short notice, such as due to adverse weather, instructor illness, low course bookings, change of venue or any other unforeseen circumstance.
- Under these circumstances every effort will be made to firstly advise the course delegate giving as much notice as practically possible as to any change in the booking arrangement. In the case of the cancellation being no fault of the delegate, a new course will be offered or a refund of any course fee paid.
Health and Safety
Flagship Partners is committed to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees, all learners, contractors and other persons who may be affected by its operation, as outlined in this document and in accordance with current legislation, safe learner and safe guarding principles.
The policy will be applied equally and fairly without exception.
Flagship Partners will achieve this by providing and maintaining places of work, learning environments and work equipment which are safe and free from risks to health. Flagship Partners is committed to provide suitable arrangements for the welfare of employees, learners and contractors. All necessary information, training and supervision will be provided to ensure implementation of this policy.
Management, Employees and Flagship Partners members will do all that is reasonably practicable to avoid and/or reduce health and safety risks.
Flagship Partners adheres to all government Covid-19 policies to include but not limited to trainers and candidates wearing face coverings when at the Flagship Training Centre, reduced seating capacity in the Flagship Training Centre to allow for 2m social distancing, new First Aid bandages and dressing kits for all delegates, temperature checking and increased hand washing.
Should a candidate have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, they must not attend a training course.
Cancellations due to Covid-19
Should Flagship Partners have to cancel a training course due to Covid-19 reasons, all candidates due to attend the course will be notified by email and will be placed on the next available course that they are able to attend.
Should a candidate have to cancel a course they are due to attend because of Covid-19 reasons, they must contact Flagship Partners prior to the event giving as much notice as is possible, they will then be placed on the next available course that they are able to attend.
This policy will be reviewed periodically and revised if necessary.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY Mr Peter Rushmer Position: Managing Director